- Input traditional and simplified Chinese characters by the Jyutping Romanisation and the English-Chinese dictionary look up on Google Android device without switching.
- Fast response and small memory size.
- Build in 90000+ Chinese characters mapping, including looking up of common Hong Kong Supplementary Characters.
- Choice of 16 keyboard layouts for typing speed or accuracy.
- Mix input of Latin and Chinese characters without mode switching.
- Hardware keyboard support.
- Option to show candidate selection history on the beginning of the candidate bar for fast picking up of frequent selection.
- Learning of related words. Current selected candidate (child) and the left adjacent character (parent) will be stored. When the parent is inputted again, respective child will follow for fast selection.
- Associated phrases (聯想詞).
- Looking up of related words and associated phrases after the moving of text cursor.
- English words suggestion with auto spacing.
- Options of candidates navigation and selection by hardware direction keys and track ball.
- Long press to toogle case of the pressed key for Normal key and Big key keyboard layouts.
- Choice of 4 colors for candidates selection bar.
- Candidates navigation paging buttons.
- DEF key for the selection of underlined default candidate.
- Selection of default candidate by the hardware space bar.
- Options of default selection definition.
- Options to swop symbol keyboards display order.
- Smart punctuations. Auto switching of full width punctuation after Chinese characters.
- Candidate selection hot keys for the hardware keyboard.
- Google Android 1.5, 1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4.0.3 and 4.1.2.
- Installation from Goole Play is recommended.
- Or download the APK and install manually, if Google Play is not available on your device.
How To Use
- Install the Jyutping keyboard for Android from the Android Market.
- Enable the keyboard in 'Settings' > 'Locale & text'.
- Navigate to a text view and long press to bring up a context menu.
- Tap the 'Select input method' option to show the enabled keyboards list.
- Select 'Jyutping keyboard' to activate the keyboard.
- Tap on the text view again to bring up the keyboard and start entering text.
- Browse matched candidates by scrolling the candidate bar.
- Tap the desired candidate to enter the character.
- Nothing happen after installation.
The Jyutping keyboard is implemented as an input method add on for Android. It will not be shown in the programs list of the home screen. Follows the instructions at the 'How To Use' section above to start.
- Can't find a specific Chinese character.
Not all Chinese characters are mapped in the build in look up table. Try to type an Unicode HEX code prefixed with a 'u' to get the specified character. (e.g. type 'u7cb5' to get the character '粵')
End User Licence Agreement
By downloading, installing or using this application or any portion thereof ("Application"), you agree to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions").
1. USE OF APPLICATION
a. Miles Leung grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable limited right and license to install and use this Application solely and exclusively for your personal use.
b. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Miles Leung has no responsibility to you or to and third party for) your use of the Application, any breach of your obligations under the Terms and Conditions, and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Miles Leung may suffer) of any such breach.
2. PROPRETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that (a) the Application contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, and (b) Miles Leung and/or third parties own all right, title and interest in and to the Application, including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights therein and thereto. "Intellectual Property Rights" means any and all rights existing from time to time under patent law, copyright law, trade secret law, trademark law, unfair competition law, and any and all other proprietary rights, and any and all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide. You agree that you will not and will not allow any third party to, (i) copy, sell, license, distribute, transfer, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Application or content that may be presented or accessed through the Application for any purpose, unless otherwise permitted, (ii) take any action to circumvent or defeat the security or content usage rules provided, deployed or enforced by any functionality (including without limitation digital rights management functionality) contained in the Application, (iii) use the Application to access, copy, transfer, transcode or retransmit content in violation of any law or third party rights, or (iv) remove, obscure, or alter Miles Leung's or any third party's copyright notices, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in conjunction with or through the Application.
These Terms and Conditions will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Miles Leung as set forth below. You may terminate these Terms and Conditions at any time by permanently deleting the Application from your mobile device in its entirety. Your rights automatically and immediately terminate without notice from Miles Leung or any Third Party if you fail to comply with any provision of these Terms and Conditions. In such event, you must immediately delete the Application.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Miles Leung from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from your use of the Application, including your downloading, installation, or use of the Application, or your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVALIABLE" WITHOUR WARRANTY OF AND KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. MILES LEUNG FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION.
d. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDSERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MILES LEUNG AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, WHETHER OF NOT MILES LEUNG OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILTY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.